Translate

VEDIC COSMOLOGY & THE BOGUS KRISHNA CONSCIOUSNESS PROPAGANDA

ISKCON is building a massive "Temple of the Vedic Planetarium" in West Bengal to showcase its founder's belief that Vedic cosmology-- though obviously a compendium of ancient myths--is factual. ​

What follows is the reaction of the Hare Krishna cult's founder, A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami, to the Apollo 11 moon landing on 20 July 1969:​

So they never worshipped Chandra [the moon-god], and how can they go to the Chandra planet? Then Krishna is false. Krishna is imperfect. They are defying Krishna's instruction. They have gone to the moon planet. ​ 

 THEN OUR WHOLE PROPAGANDA, KRISHNA CONSCIOUSNESS, BECOMES BOGUS.​

  • Any student of comparative religion knows that the cosmology of major religions share many similarities and, however ingenious and complex, are all products of the human imagination. They are all as "scientific" as fortune-telling and astrology. ​
  • It goes without saying that modern-day Hindus, who are well-represented internationally in science, medicine, and other STEM-related fields, can be trusted to know the difference between myth contained in scripture and knowledge derived from the scientific method. 

Why, then, does the "Beliefs" section of the Hindu Forum Britain's webpage contain this ad verbum quotation from an ISKCON webpage:​

When we look up into the sky we see the source of that light, the sun planet, powerful and brilliant. And if we could somehow go to that planet we could meet the sun-god, the person who rules the sun.    ​

Do the editors of the Hindu Forum Britain webpage assume that its readers actually believe in Vedic cosmology and therefore regard the sun as a planet ruled by a demigod? Clearly, something is wrong. 

The answer is obvious to anyone who has visited the Hindu Forum Europe (http://www.hinduforum.eu) and Hindu Forum Britain (http://www.hfb.org.uk). The ISKCON membership is evident from the lists of member organizations as well as the publicity materials (event photographs, etc.). Under the cover that Hinduism is primarily a cultural rather than purely religious affliation for most Hindus, ISKCON has crawled under the gate, so to speak, and has used its public relations expertise to great effect.

That the Hare Krishna cult uses the various Hindu Forum groups to promote itself as the most successful proponent of Hindu Dharma internationally is a slap on the face to any genuine Hindu. 

I have written about how the founder/acharya of ISKCON openly denounced major Hindu saints and ridiculed Hinduism itself, but if you haven't read any of it, here are a few representative essays:

Buzz Aldrin: Moonwalk July 1969
 DONATE TODAY! IF EVEN THE FOUNDER OF ISKCON ADMITS HIS CULT IS "BOGUS," THE REST OF THE WORLD NEEDS TO KNOW. THAT IS MY MISSION.





​ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi I hope you are well. Are you the woman who really adored Prabhupada when you were a teenager? You had a sister who was a devotee also. You played Radha and Krishna at a botanical garden I think in New York state. I saw a film on YouTube that’s how I know about this I think it was on YouTube . I will continue to read what you wrote I’m sorry if you went through a really hard time I lived in a temple in Hawaii for nine months

planetaryeyes said...

Yes, back in 1968 we played Radha ( me) and Krishna (my sister) at the request of Prabhupada. It was remarkable being at the receiving end of such adoration. Dressing children this way is sometimes done in India. Oh, of course I loved my guru! I just didn’t know much of anything about his beliefs & that is regrettable. I would have drifted away like so many others but for the gross misery I suffered at the hands of Gopal Krishna ( my “ex-husband”).

Thanks for writing and remembering.

KDFC said...

Is that possible sister I can get your emails or a facebook page. I am so thankful to you from the bottom of my heart for exposing these religious bastards. No one better than you. I wish you never ending life. I hope you stay strong and save lots of people from these bogus Gurus.

planetaryeyes said...

Many thanks for your kind comments. You can find my email address when you go through the donation button on my blog. Of course, it would be nice if you made a small donation; but my email is definitely there.

I also wish you much success in your life, happiness, and that you never fall under the grip of one of these destructive cults. We all come here, as the poet Wordsworth so eloquently wrote, “trailing clouds of glory”. The divine in each of us is both our best friend and our conscience. Never let anyone tell you something that is irrational and based on fairy tales.

Again, thanks

Joe said...

I just came across your blog. Thank you sincerely for, what I'm guessing, a generally very thankless undertaking. It is refreshing to hear the truth about all this. I joined in Brooklyn in 1974 and left I guess in about 1980. My case is not important. However I was in Mayapur 2 years ago during the Indian coup. I was being recruited by Hansarupa And the BBC to be in operative in their organization as I am a retired Primary care physician.

I lived on the "fring" In San Diego for 32 years. Always kept what I thought was a healthy distance while trying to maintain what I believe to be true and now no longer do.

What I saw and heard in my six months in India, on the inside, behind the scenes I am just now pretty much recovered from. It was extremely psychologically and emotionally traumatic. However ultimately revealing.

God bless you and keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

So I was arguing with this ISKCONite who as usual was boasting about his Srimad purana being 'immortal knowldege' which 'foretold' everything scientific and historical .

The Guy Pointed out the existence of Lizard monters from his texts and said it was evidence of Humans and dinosaurs coexisting and evolution being false.

I simply asked him, how come his billion year old purana which records even the existence of dinosaurs doesn't even mention an Ice age?

Dude had no answer and Kept ducking.

Anonymous said...

The TOVP is a travesty. After seeing it with my own eyes, I lost all faith. To me it functioned as a very contronting reality-check on religious narcissism.